Let’s be clear, PERMIE KIDs does not offer traditional sponsor, affiliate, or seller member programs. Our model is unique. It is based on the idea of natural relationships, so these programs are for those people and organizations who share the values of our community. We have a relationship that has been forged and that we value and honor with each and every sponsor and affiliate.
Relationships are edges where the most potential for abundance and diversity exist. We choose to honor, elongate and value those edges.
We do not accept all requests. In fact, if we have never talked, don’t submit a request. Please contact us to schedule a time to talk and let’s see what develops from there. Sponsor, affiliate, and seller member relationships are not primarily seen by us as a mechanism for revenue to support our community. Instead, it is one more way that we are able to enter into a value exchange with others who are doing important work that we also want to support.
Cultivate Lifelong Relationships
Unique Advertising Model: 3 Options
Most sites sell higher advertising positions for more money, but PERMIE KIDs sponsorship is not based on the level of financial contribution. There is a suggested value, but those organizations who are accepted as a sponsor will be allowed to name their price and/or pay in part or wholly with alternative forms of capital. Ad positions are rotated equally. New advertisers start at the bottom, but are rotated to all the positions to allow all advertisers equal time at various positions on the site for one low rate. Just because you apply does not mean you will get a slot, if there is one open. As an added value from us, sponsors qualify to take advantage of the affiliate and Community Supported Education seller member opportunities listed below. Go to Section I to learn more for those interested in becoming a sponsor.
Community Supported Education (CSE) Seller Members are not employees or contractors, but are independent people/businesses paying for the ability to and help in marketing and selling their products/services within the PERMIE KIDs community and beyond. Your work (authored and owned by you) is posted in our PERMIE KIDs community store for a worldwide community to see and you can to create your own “store” with a URL of your choice that will list your work exclusively. As a CSE Seller Member you are paying for the ability to upload, share and sell digital or physical products and services, create coupon codes, manage your account and monitor sales in a personal dashboard and/or redirect people to your site to purchase physical products that are shipped through the mail. PERMIE KIDs will also collaborate and help by advising, supporting and even marketing your work within and to the “edges” of our Permie Kids community via a 30 minute phone consultation. Go to Section III to learn more about becoming a CSE Seller Member.
We have up to 5 sponsor slots in our banner ads that rotate on the right side of the majority of the pages within the site. All sponsors are equally rotated so that no sponsor gets more showings or a larger banner than any other. At this time, no sponsor positions is available. Those interested may apply and if accepted will be put on a waitlist for when a place opens up.
- A 234 x 60 banners on our right margin on all pages other than the homepage. We standardized on 234 x 60 because it will create a uniform look to the blog and allow all advertisers reasonable exposure. We take no preferential treatment in the rotation with our own slots, we rotate these banner ads randomly just like all of our advertisers.
- Rotating mention on the PERMIE KIDs Podcast and in our blog posts.
- Minimum of one marketing plug/year for our Sponsors that reach beyond our community and connect with other educationally-oriented blogs, podcasts, and in-person workshops.
- Affiliate status (if desired).
- All the benefits granted to Community Supported Education Seller Members.
Sponsors are also granted affiliate status and seller-member status as a benefit of becoming a sponsor. As a result, the sponsor will be able to post links to their work or other pages on PERMIE KIDs using an affiliate code. Sponsors can also share and sell their digital products and services and will receive 95% of all sales (after taxes, coupons or discounts). Plus all sponsors are included on the list of approved organizations whom individual seller-members can choose as the organization they want to support with 5% of all of their sales.
The cost of being a sponsor is currently set at $350 for a trial three months, $600 for six months and $1000 for one year, but sponsorship is not based on the level of financial contribution. As of January 2018, sponsorship rates will increase due to a significant surge in our email list and the value we can provide our sponsors. Our new rates will be $550 for three months, $1000 for six months and $1700 for one year. Those organizations who are accepted as a sponsor will be allowed to name their price (no questions asked) and/or pay in part or wholly with alternative forms of capital.
Yes, like any business we need a certain amount of financial capital to be sustainable, but we understand that value comes in many forms and can creatively be used to sustain our community. We will not ask what the sponsor contribution value will be before making our decision about whether to accept a business as a sponsor. Let us just say, this is an incredible offer for our initial sponsors that is likely to yield a return, not just allow you to support this community.
All sponsors will have the selected contribution level grandfathered for as long as they are a sponsor. After the sponsor positions are filled, the prices will rise for others looking to become sponsors if or when a position opens based on the increasing value we are able to return given the growing community.
Why do we allow sponsors to name their price? Not all people or businesses are at a place in their revenue stream that they can afford the same as the next and yet they are a great resource that would add value to this community. We want to provide the ability for smaller or start-up businesses to also be able to support this community and allow us to help grow their business in return.
Our hope is that by putting emphasis on the fact that sponsorship a relationship with this community rather than just a financial business exchange, as the business for sponsors grow they will be willing to adjust their payments to fairly give back to this community in that way when they are able. Suggested prices are subject to change at the discretion of PERMIE KIDs LLC. Sponsors who are asked and choose to renew will be offered a special discount.
Reminder: We see sponsors and advertising on our site as a true endorsement. Hence we will NOT accept all sponsors requests. (THIS IS NOT A MARKETING PLOY WE DO AND WILL CONTINUE TO TURN DOWN SPONSORS THAT DON’T MEASURE UP.) To be approved you must follow the instructions outlined below. We will not accept any sponsor unless we are willing to vouch for your company and your product. We are not in the advertising business at PERMIE KIDs, we are in the business of serving our community and helping the world nourish life.
Sponsor Application Process
- Email a short description of the business (150 words or less), the page you want your banner to link to and a copy of the banner you plan to use in .jpg to email@example.com Also include the term you want to request to sign up for – 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. (Please do NOT tell us what price you intend pay for the sponsor position. You will get to determine that after you are approved. The price you will pay plays no part in our decision to accept sponsors.)
- Once you are accepted (it should not take more then 3-4 days), we will notify you and let you know how to make payment (via PayPal, debit card, or if you prefer you may pay by check but it will take longer to get your ad running).
- With in 24 hours of receipt (and clearance if by check) of your funds and your ad banner we will begin running your ads for the agreed upon term.
Frequently Asked Questions: Sponsors
When people who navigate through the affiliate link on your site and buy anything (at anytime in the future not just the day they hit the link on you site) you yield a:
- 5% return on memberships and
- 10% return on products and services (after coupons, sales, taxes, etc) for as long as the customer uses that same computer. (Sorry, we can’t track affiliate links if a customer gets a new computer unless they again link to PERMIE KIDs from the affiliate link on your site.)
We pay affiliates at the end of the month after the sale was made via PayPal or into a bank account (via a debit card, not entering actual bank info). The delay makes it more likely that the sale is final and there isn’t a dispute of any sort. We do not have an open affiliate program and will not. We do not want to support affiliates that don’t align with the ethics of this community and just want to use it to make money. We don’t care to just “make more money” by having lots of affiliates. Instead, this is a way for our community to enter into a reciprocal relationship, exchange value, and show gratitude for those doing exceptional work helping children, youth, families, and communities nourish life.
For those affiliates who want to provide a product or service exclusively to the Guild Members at a discounted rate, that discount cannot be time bound. If you offer the Guild Members a special discount, it must be for the life of your business, product, or service. Do not, do not, do not bring discounts that try to up sell with language like, “only for the next week.” Your request will be deleted – done. If you want to build a relationship with the Guild Members by setting up a unique, exclusive discount that will be available for life, then by all means apply! Potential affiliates who are willing to provide a special lifetime discount on a product or service for the Guild Members in our community will be given higher preference. Why? Because these are the potential affiliates who are looking to exchange value between communities.
If you are an affiliate who wants to showcase PERMIE KIDs products and services on your site, you will need to apply and be approved. Just as I ask sponsors and affiliates who come to this community to make a lifetime offer, we do so for approved affiliates as well. If someone goes through your link and buys anything within a 999 day period (without, of course using another affiliate link that would supersede yours) you will get credit for the referral. This is the maximum I can enter into the system. Heck, most people don’t even keep their computer 999 days, so in essence this is my “lifetime” commitment to you.
Affiliate Application Process
- If we haven’t talked, please contact us to schedule a day/time that works for you. Don’t move to step two without getting to know our community first and determining if this is a lifelong relationship you really want to forge.
- Go to the affiliate area and fill out the three-question application. (Note: Potential affiliates who are willing to also provide a special lifetime discount on a product or service for the Guild Members in our community will be given higher preference. See step number 4 for more information about this option.)
- Once you are accepted (it should not take more then 3-4 days), we will notify you and let you know how to generate your unique affiliate URLs.
- If you would like to provide a product or service exclusively to the Guild Members at a discounted rate for the life of your business, please email with a short description (200 words or less) of the item with a hyperlink to access that particular product/service, discount provided, how to access the discount (e.g. discount code – this will be available on a private page with restricted access), and bio of you and/or your business. In addition, please attach one (1) picture (high resolution) of the product/service and one (1) picture of your business logo (high resolution).
Frequently Asked Questions: Affiliates
III. CSE Seller Members
Community Supported Education (CSE) Seller Members are not employees or contractors, but are independent people/businesses paying for the ability to and help in marketing and selling their products/services within the PERMIE KIDs community and beyond.
Your work is posted in our PERMIE KIDs community store for a worldwide community to see and you can to create your own “store” with a URL of your choice that will list your work exclusively.
As a CSE Seller Member you are paying for the ability to upload, share and sell digital or physical products and services, create coupon codes, manage your account and monitor sales in a personal dashboard and/or redirect people to your site to purchase physical products that are shipped through the mail, but that is not all.
We know what it is like to start a small business. It can feel overwhelming as if you have to figure out and do it all yourself. PERMIE KIDs wants to see you succeed and as a CSE Seller Member you become not just another customer, but our partner in helping bring education that nourishes life into this world.
We will collaborate and help by advising, supporting and even marketing your work within and to the “edges” of our PERMIE KIDs community. We are available to all our CSE Seller Members via a 30-minute phone consultation to advise and determine how we can help you achieve your unique goals.
What do you get as a CSE Seller Member?
- 1 product posting in the PERMIE KIDs community store that links sends customers directly to your website to make the purchase (you keep 100% of the sale)
- Your own store with a unique URL created by you to showcase your products and services exclusively
- Ability to upload, share and sell an UNLIMITED number of digital/electronic products and services (you retain 95% of the sales after coupons, taxes, and fees, including giving PERMIE KIDs members an automatic 5% discount)
- Capability to create coupon codes for your products and services
- Personal dashboard to monitor and manage your sales
- Free marketing by PERMIE KIDs via internal and partner podcasts, blogs, and events
- 30 minute phone consultation to strategize the best marketing approach based on your goals. We will talk about internal marketing options as well as how to use and value our partnership “edges.”
What else can you do as a CSE Seller Member?
For those CSE Seller Members who want to further our collaborative relationship you can also do any or all of the following:
- For those of an especially giving heart, choose to gift 5% of your profit directly to an educational organization of your choice (from a verified list of organizations) that align with our ethics and values.
- Create an exclusive discount code shared with PERMIE KIDs Guild Members only (our most dedicated and active community members)
- Create an affiliate for us to receive a return commission on the sales that come from our community (we are grateful and this is welcomed, but not required)
For a limited time, we are offering new Seller-Members a special discount making it completely FREE for the first year! Contact us for more information.
CSE Seller Member Application Process
- If PERMIE KIDs is unfamiliar with you and your work please contact us to set up a day/time to talk. Don’t move to step two without getting to know our community first and determining if this is the right community for the products and services that you want to share.
- Email 1) a short description of the business and yourself (150 words or less), 2) a sample of what you intend to sell, 3) a link to your website if applicable, 4) the name you’d like to use for your storefront and 5) your contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you are accepted (it should not take more than 3-4 days), we will notify you and let you know how to pay for the CSE Seller Membership ($60/year). Within 24 hours of your payment being processed, you will receive directions about how to get started uploading products into your new online store.
Attitude and Gratitude
Special note of gratitude to you Jack from The Survival Podcast for the innovative approach to cultivating and valuing lifelong partners who design mutually-beneficial relationships. Much of the information and ideas found in this approach were inspired by Jack and have then been adjusted to better fit our community model of nourishing life. This is a community and as the founder it is my responsibility to protect the integrity of this community. Just as I will not sell a product, service, or membership to someone who isn’t a good fit for this community, I will not bring in a sponsor or affiliate that is not a good fit for this community. Relationships are edges and I choose to honor, elongate, and value those edges – customers, sponsors, and affiliates alike.
Also, thank you, Adian Jones, for the featured handshake image (CC BY-SA 2.0).