PERMIE KIDs LLC
Last updated on October 1, 2014
- What information we collect;
- Why we collect your information;
- How we collect your information;
- How we use that information; and
- Your information management choices , including how to access and update information.
Practices that we observe in order to help protect your privacy include:
- We will never extract and sell or share any part of your information to include your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number (cumulatively the “Personally Identifiable Information”) without first contacting you about who requested your information and why. However, there are systems with which PERMIE KIDs connects as an aspect of administering our community, Service, and Shows, such as third party payment systems and email services, and these services receive some of your Personally Identifiable Information for purposes of conducting normal business activities.
- Anyone who wants to trade a product or service for access to any of the PERMIE KIDs’ members via promotional discounts or sponsorship has to be willing to allow our staff to vet their product, talk directly with the owner of the business, and must, at all costs, be personally and professionally aligned with our community’s ethical principles.
As a community Seller-Member, Buyer, Visitor or other user, you have many different ways that you can use PERMIE KIDs’ products and services, such as searching for, downloading, and sharing information, to communicate with other people, and/or creating new content. When you share information with us, including, without limitation, Personally Identifiable Information, for example by registering on the website or becoming a Member, you can connect with others in the community, start collaborating, and sharing information both in your PERMIE KIDs account page and in your user-to-user communications. We can make the PERMIE KIDs’ products and services better, because we receive directly from you feedback and activity that tells us what is important and what you need to know. Our platform also is able to be a catalyst to ensure your voice is heard. When you choose to join our community, we want you to understand how we use information and the ways in which both you and us can protect your privacy.
If you would like more information or have questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services to you and everyone else who is an active member in our community from basic things like what you want to be called while communicating on the website to more complex things like the list of people in your micro-community or personal projects you are working on.
I collect information in two ways:
- Information you enter in your profile or registration page for your account. For example, when you become a member, you are prompted to include information like your name, email address, telephone number, photograph, and your general location. We make it clear that when you fill out your profile what is made available to others in our community. Another example is when you participate in a Google Hangout, the username you have listed on the screen is what we will refer to you as. We may use your name on the podcast to give you acknowledgement as well when we are doing podcast reviews for our Shows. This is done to help you connect and collaborate with others, be it with others physically in your local area or with others who are interested in similar projects as you globally.
- Information we get from your use of our SWe may collect information about the products, Shows, and Services that you use and how you use them, like when you purchase or upload items into the marketplace, visit a website of a sponsor, or you view and interact with other Members. The purpose of collecting this type of activity information is so that we can then allocate our resources toward the features, Services, and Show content that are most helpful and desirable to you and our other users.
No Information from Children Under 18
PERMIE KIDs strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information through our Service or Shows from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of our Service or Shows is directed to persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access this Site at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from all of the products and services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect you and all my other members. We may use this information to become better informed about what Service or Show you are most interested in and how you want to get involved in the community.
We may choose to display short biographies of the members in our community on a rotating basis that are based upon information you enter into your profile. The purpose for this feature is to recognize new members, honor long-time members, and help everyone get to know each other to facilitate community collaboration.
When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
PERMIE KIDs, from time to time, may also use collected information to:
- Process your financial transactions.
- Send you order or renewal confirmations.
- Register your rights, if any, to technical support or other benefits that may be made available to registered users.
- Respond to your service questions and concerns.
- Administer your account.
- Send you product or service information upon your request.
- Keep you informed about special offers and Services of PERMIE KIDs.
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes that you enter and notify you of the results.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- Meet our research and Service- or Show-development needs and to improve our Service, Shows, and other products.
- Improve the customization your PERMIE KIDs experience, including more effectively tailoring our Service or Show content to you.
TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
Different users have different privacy concerns, and your preferences may change over time. You have the right to access and change your privacy preferences or correct your Personally Identifiable Information at any time by clicking on the link to your account settings. For security and payment processing purposes, certain Personally Identifiable Information only may be changed by contacting our support staff via email at email@example.com. For example, you may:
- Review, edit, and delete certain types of information tied to your membership by viewing your profile;
- View and edit your preferences; and
- Control what information you enter and share.
This is not a complete list privacy preference options that we make available to you.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
Many of our products, Services and Shows let you share information with others in our community. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others within the PERMIE KIDs community with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Remember; when you share information publicly, it may be indexed and made publicly searchable by a variety of third-party search engines. You are solely responsible for choosing carefully what information and content you are willing to share.
If you submit licensed content to PERMIE KIDs for sharing, selling, or otherwise distributing or display within our Service or to Buyers or other users, you may be asked to provide any or all of the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, phone number, primary address, and email address.
- PERMIE KIDs will verify this information by asking you to either: a) upload a scan of a government issued ID (which will be stored on our servers); or b) provide a credit card number or other payment method information. Your credit card number will be used solely for the purpose of verifying your name and address. The credit card number will not be stored.
- Payment and Seller-Member information including, but not limited to, payout method, payout email, desired display name, and content type and description.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide to PERMIE KIDs is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
Please take note, PERMIE KIDs is licensed Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA). You can deconstruct, remix, tweak, and build upon PERMIE KIDs’ work, as long as you appropriately credit PERMIE KIDs and license your new creations under identical terms.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFO
Whenever you use PERMIE KIDs’ services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is no longer up to date, you have a responsibility to make immediate changes and updates, or to delete it. When updating your Personally Identifiable Information, you may be prompted to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of PERMIE KIDs unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent:
We will share Personally Identifiable Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of PERMIE KIDs when we have your consent to do so.
- With domain administrators:
Your PERMIE KIDs’ account is managed our staff or a contracted domain administrator. In that case, the domain administrator will have access to your personal information. Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding products or services you download or use;
- change your account password;
- suspend or terminate your account access;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, or any legal process or enforceable governmental request; or
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For legal reasons:
I will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of PERMIE KIDs if I have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of PERMIE KIDs, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-Personally Identifiable Information with current or potential partners or sponsors to show trends about general use of PERMIE KIDs’ Service, Shows and other products.
As a small business, we work hard and undertake reasonable measures for a business of our size and limited technical sophistication to protect PERMIE KIDs, its Members, Visitors, and other users from the unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of the information we collect.
COOKIES AND NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We collect non-Personally Identifiable Information through the use of a software technology called “cookies,” and through our Members’ and Visitors’ voluntary submissions to us and/or upon our request. By non-Personally Identifiable Information, we are referring to information about our Members’ and Visitors’ browsers (e.g., Google Chrome or Internet Explorer), operating systems (e.g., Windows 8 or Macintosh OSX), Internet service providers (e.g., Verizon, AOL, or Time Warner Cable) and other similar information which we track in aggregate form.
We use session cookie information tied to your computer in addition to Personally Identifiable Information you provide when setting up an account and/or registering with the Service exclusively for collecting usage information on the PERMIE KIDs site. Session cookies terminate when you close your browser. We do not use these cookies to track you on other sites. We do not use persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until manually deleted. You can refuse or delete cookies from your browser at any time by updating your browser(s), although rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use the Service, Shows or other products.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
We collect IP addresses to obtain aggregate information on the use of PERMIE KIDS. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by a web server when you use the Internet. When you use our Service or Shows, we have a back-end server that logs your computer’s IP address. We only use the information we find out from tracking IP addresses in aggregate, such as how many users entered a specific area of our site.
THIRD PARTY SERVERS
We may use third-party companies to monitor traffic to our website. These companies may (via cookies, gifs or otherwise) use aggregate information (not including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other Personally Identifiable Information) about your visits to our Service, Shows, and other websites in order to provide us with data about our site and/or to provide goods and Services or Shows of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used and/or how your information is treated in the event that you cancel membership or agreement to these Services or Shows, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. PERMIE KIDs will take all appropriate and legally required actions to your remove information that is within our control on our servers. Please realize that implementing your information requests may take a reasonable amount of time to complete the closing procedures, and PERMIE KIDs may need to take additional steps to ensure PERMIE KIDs, as well as all Members, Visitors, and other users, are provided security and protection for use in civil or legal inquiries and proceedings. PERMIE KIDs seeks to resolve any rights-to-be-forgotten concerns within 180 days.
We have established the site to minimize Personally Identifiable Information and non-Personally Identifiable Information accessibility and to reasonably secure against unauthorized access. However, you have responsibility for protecting the security of your submitted information by ensuring you choose a unique and non-obvious password that remains known only to you and which you change with reasonable frequency. We will share your information, including without limitation your Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law, such as to comply with a court order or subpoena or to assist in criminal investigations. We may share your information when we deem it advisable in order to protect the safety and security of our users, Service, or Shows.
WHY ARE WE SO SAFE?
We use secure server software over a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) line to protect your credit card information. Our site does not manage or store credit card numbers at this time, because they are processed with Stripe, PayPal, or other third-party payment processors. We encourage you to read and familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of the third-party payment processor you select, which is your personal responsibility.
COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION
If we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to investigate and follow up directly. We will work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve directly with our Members and other affected users.
FEEDBACK FROM YOU
We are committed to thinking about ways that we can improve and grow the PERMIE KIDs’ community. We believe that the community’s vibrancy is dependent upon open dialogue with and between its Members, and we welcome feedback from you. Although we value your input and feedback greatly, we do not guarantee that we can respond to every request or recommendation. Therefore, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
WHO WE ARE
The entity collecting Personally Identifiable Information through our Service or Shows is PERMIE KIDs LLC, 11505 Cherry Tree Crossing Rd. PO Box 265, Cheltenham, MD 20623 United States, and you can contact us for more information at email@example.com.