In an effort to meet more of the community, we are working hard to set up several public appearances where you can come out to meet myself (and often my family), learn, connect and collaborate and play. If you are able, come out to one or more of these events and let’s hang out!
Below are the public events planned for 2017. Just show up or subscribe to the community email subscription list to get updates on these events, similar endeavors, and other experiential education information and opportunities.
- February 1-4, 2017
- State College, PA
- February 18, 2017
- Washington, DC (Wilson High School)
- Presentation: Inspiration Grows and Education Nourishes Life
- April 1-2, 2017
- Edmonston, MD
- Description: Community Forklift’s Annual Garden Party is a fun-filled festival with a ton of landscaping and garden supplies; gardening demonstrations, experts, and vendors; activities for kids; a food truck; and local bands. Throughout the winter, Community Forklift collects gently-used and surplus lawn & garden supplies as well as outdoor décor and furniture and it all comes out during the Garden Party! It’s the Forklift’s biggest fundraiser each year – proceeds support creation of green jobs, reduction of waste, education about reuse and free supplies to nonprofits & neighbors in need.
- May 10, 2017 (1:00- 6:00 pm)
- Upper Marlboro, MD
- Meet in front of the Nature Center for a community nature hike with the kiddos and then come back to our homestead for a potluck
- June 15-16, 2017
- Charles Town, WV
- Description: This is a professional and personal development opportunity for parents, teachers and mentors of children ranging in age from early childhood to high school who desire to explore how education reform intersects with the environmental & social movements through learning about permaculture ethics, principles and methods as they relate to traditional and alternative education environments, community organization, curriculum and teaching design.
- June 17, 2017
- Charles Town, WV
- Description: Join us for an inspiring day of connection, conversation and collaboration featuring hands-on workshops, informative presentations and powerful community-building. The theme this year is “The Holistic Homestead.”
- August 24 – September 4, 2017
- Timonium, MD
- Come check out the PERMIE KIDs Corner in the middle of the Exhibition Hall for fun kid’s activities, education and exploration the art, science and wisdom of education that nourishes life!
Thanks Yogendra Joshi for the featured image (CC-BY)