PERMIE KIDs Newsletter – April 2017
Where Inspiration Grows and Education Nourishes Life
Join our email list and let inspiration grow!
Hello and How Are the Children?
- News that Nourishes Life
- Regenerative Education Marketplace (*new CSE Seller Member alert!)
- Events and Gatherings
- Anything in particular that helped you understand and shift your thinking
- What you might do with what you learned
- What are you left wanting to learn or explore
News that Nourishes Life
Seventh Generation Education 2-day training June 15-16 in Charles Town, WV for parents, teachers and mentors of children ranging in age from early childhood to high school – Early bird specials end this month!
- Learning Landscapes, Maps and Paths
- Place-based Education and the Institute of Permaculture Education for Children (IPEC) – Part 1 and Part 2
- Raising Girls Who Are “Includers” Rather Than Mean Girls
- Damage of a Difficult Mother and How She Helped Her Child Heal
- How to Make a Chickweed Salve
- Five Tips to Encourage Child-Directed Play
Regenerative Education Marketplace
PERMIE KIDs is thrilled to introduce you to Leah, a homeschooling mom of two children, natural learning advocate, Master teacher, speaker, author, founder of Your Natural Learner and our newest CSE Seller Member! Her goal is to help inspire families to get outside and learn through the beauty and wonder of nature.
Check out Leah’s Your Natural Learner store for PK/K activity guides on themes like gardening, spring, flowers, eggs, or, for those in the Southern Hemisphere, perhaps you want to check out trees and autumn.
More resources – Regenerative Education Marketplace.
Events and Gatherings
In an effort to meet more of the community, we are attending, facilitating and even offering workshops at local events where you can come out to meet myself (and often my family), learn, connect and collaborate and play. Here are the next few events:.
- May 10, 2017 (1:00- 6:00 pm)
- Upper Marlboro, MD
- Meet in front of the Nature Center for a community nature hike with the kiddos and then come back to our homestead for a potluck and maybe a campfire depending on the weather.
- June 15-16, 2017
- Charles Town, WV
- Description: This is a professional and personal development opportunity for parents, teachers and mentors of children ranging in age from early childhood to high school who desire to explore how education reform intersects with the environmental & social movements through learning about permaculture ethics, principles and methods as they relate to traditional and alternative education environments, community organization, curriculum and teaching design..
- June 17, 2017
- Charles Town, WV
- Description: Join us for an inspiring day of connection, conversation and collaboration featuring hands-on workshops, informative presentations and powerful community-building. The theme this year is “The Holistic Homestead.”
- August 24 – September 4, 2017
- 2200 York Rd, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
- Description: Come check out the PERMIE KIDs Corner in the middle of the Exhibition Hall for fun kid’s activities, education and exploration the art, science and wisdom of education that nourishes life!
- Parking: Vehicle access gates are located on York Road between Padonia and Timonium Roads and on Timonium Road about 1/4 mile east of Interstate 83 and just past the Light Rail tracks.
- Let MTA Do the Driving: The Timonium Light Rail Stop is located a short walk from the entrance to the Fairgrounds near the Cow Palace. The MTA No. 9 bus line also serves the Timonium Park and Ride/Light Rail Stop. Because convenient parking is limited, use of the Light Rail or the No. 9 bus line is encouraged. For detailed schedule information please contact MTA directly at 410-539-5000.