“Light” is a thread that connects many of the holidays celebrated this time of year. To make fire, a physical form that light often takes during the winter holidays, we need three things – fuel, oxygen and heat.
What critical elements do we need to be the light?
Fuel for the Doings of Human-Beingness
1. Rustic, DIY Wood Ornaments: Make, undo and remake year after year and co-create a holiday ritual of mindfulness and presence
2. Green Kid Crafts: Hands-on, award winning and eco-friendly Discovery Boxes, Creativity Kits and STEAM Kits (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) delivered to your door each month. Discovery, learning and fun for children ages 3-10 and those with big shoes who love them.
3. Make a Gingerbread House for the Birds: Wilder Child has gone a little nuts for birds lately and we love it.
Wisdom that Is a Breath of Fresh Air
1. 5 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Simple Life: Do you feel rushed, hurried, or stressed throughout the day? By making conscious decisions to slow down and declutter aspects of the day, your day today can become more simple. So begin the habit of creating more space throughout the day, and see how it can work wonders to simplify life.
2. Edible Landscaping with a Permaculture Twist: A how-to manual for the budding gardener and experienced green thumb alike, full of creative and easy-to-follow designs that guide you to having your yard and eating it, too.
Skills to Warm the Heart
1. Tabletop Tutors – Eco-Farming Principles: Audio and posters to help kids learn:
- Farm & Eat Organic, Join the Organic Movement
- Permaculture Fosters The Circle of Life
- Seeds: Why We Must Protect Their Diversity
- Exploring The Wisdom Teachings of Compost
- Do You Say No to GMO Foods & Farming Practices?
- A World Without Honey Bees Is Unthinkable!
- Will You Help Save the Honeybees?
2. Grow Do It: Children’s music CD filled with eco-swing-funk songs to help children (of all ages) learn how to look after themselves, others and Earth by growing and eating healthy food.
3. HuMandalas: 52 hex-card oracle deck guides your group through sacred geometry-inspired movement meditation to get in sync with other people and nature.
Enjoying this information? Become a Member.
Thanks Rudi Schlatte for the featured image titled Campfire Child (CC BY-SA 2.0)